The Organizational Leadership & Communication (OLC) program is an accelerated Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies degree completion program. Designed to meet the specific educational needs of adults who have prior college credit, this innovative program offers students the flexibility to obtain a Bachelor's degree in as little as two years while continuing to work and manage personal responsibilities.
Students work in a highly collaborative environment with learning support provided by faculty facilitators through face-to-face and web-based communications. OLC students complete sixteen 3-credit course modules in 24 months, including research projects related to their work environments. All courses are six weeks in length and have a required four hour class session meeting each week. In addition there is a required online component administered through the iLearn web platform. The online component of the program makes it essential that students have access to the latest computer and web capabilities.
Students will complete six core courses, four communication courses and six organizational leadership courses, all meant to build skills and knowledge for practical application in the workplace. Students consistently rate the program as excellent due to the high quality of the coursework, convenience and the support received from our faculty and staff.
Students are awarded a Bachelor of Science Degree at the completion of all required courses.
- Easy scheduling - classes once per week, on the same night each week from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. for the duration of the program
- Courses taken sequentially, one at a time, in six-week modules
- Taught by instructors who also have professional experience in the workplace
- Students advance through the program together in a supportive cohort model
- Access to the Prior Learning Program
- Develop leadership skills and examine leadership styles and models
- Explore and understand critical organizational processes
- Develop effective communication and negotiation skills
- Think creatively, critically, ethically and logically
- Understand the effects of globalization
All OLC students are part of a cohort with a calendar of classes scheduled for the duration of the two year program.
- Poughkeepsie Cohort 38 (August 24, 2016 - August 8, 2018)
- Poughkeepsie Cohort 39 (August 23, 2017 - August 7, 2019)
OLC students complete 48 credits in the program which is comprised of 6 core courses, 5 Communication courses, and 5 Organizational Leadership courses.
Marist recognizes that learning occurs in many environments and awards credit based on prior learning and competencies. Credit may include prior college-level work and recognized professional and non-traditional training. Credit is awarded after matriculation through our Prior Learning Program.
- Adult Student Tuition Rate
- Billing and Payment
- Tuition Deferment Options
- Full Time Financial Aid Eligibility
- Request Information
- Attend an Information Session
- Application Requirements and Tuition Fees
- Apply Now!